Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well I am sufficiently stuffed and have no desire to move unless it is to my bed from the couch. Today was a great day but definitely not our normal Thanksgiving. My grandmother is home from the hospital and whatnot which is awesome and a blessing but she is not making the progress that we all thought she would. She had put off her hip surgery because of everything that had happen with my granddaddy. She isn't able to be by herself anymore which is frustrating. She is my role model and I have always looked up to her. I hope at her age that I have as much spunk and determination to do what I want to do. She has refused to leave the house that has been in the family for over 200 years. She is not wanting to have any help really outside of the family for now (had enough of that when my granddaddy was sick). All of this would be fine if we all lived in the same town and if my aunt and my uncle lived even within our state but they don't. Sorry for the long winded start but what all of this caused was for my mom to not be home today until about an hour before we ate Thanksgiving dinner. I am grateful for her being home to eat with us but it wasn't the same. I didn't get up and head home to help her with making macaroni and cheese, pecan pies, and deveiled eggs (our contributions) or watch the Macy's Day Parade with her.
It also got me to thinking about all the things I am grateful for. We discussed this in my class on Tuesday and my kids had some creative answers (foods they like, pets, family, their toys, video games). I found an e-mail from my mom earlier that provided a website where you click once a day to fund the food for animals on the animal rescue site. Here is the website and all you have to do is click on the purple box. http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com A simple way to help out.

No comments: